Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Steve and I were married 8 years ago today. Time flies when you're having fun!

I've spent most of the time here in the Dominican lying in the sun sipping virgin pina coladas and bottled water. But today we decided to take a catamaran to go snorkeling. The water was pretty choppy and it was a 2-hour ride to the reef, so by the time we got there Cheryl and I were the only ones sitting on the nets out front. Everyone else was down below either getting sick or tending to those who were sick, so I'll spare Steve (he was pretty pale) and post a picture of Cheryl and me instead. One TFM actually said she didn’t believe I’m pregnant because I felt fine. I've never gotten motion sick when I'm looking out the front, so I guess that's what helped.

We snorkeled for a little while, but honestly I could never get used to my mask and snorkel, kept swallowing water and hyperventilating, so I didn’t go out on the second reef. I prefer the kind of snorkeling where I can stand up if I get water in my mask, and this was probably 30 feet deep. The fish that I did see were beautiful, though!

No comments: