Thursday, April 24, 2008

I feel the need

One of the few noticeable differences in how I feel is that I have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, something I rarely used to do. Otherwise I feel normal.

I am 6 weeks along and I am told that the baby’s heart is already beating even though he/she is only the size of a lentil. So why does that little baby affect my bladder so much? Apparently there has been an increase in what I like to call its entourage; all the tissues around the baby that help it grow. Oh, and hormones. If I had a nickel for every time I read that something is caused by an increase in progesterone. Progesterone, you're a wonderful and wicked substance, aren't ya?

1 comment:

Leslie Gidden said...

Oh Progesterone, how we love you so! Gag! Progesterone, or too much of it, is what was thought to have had me, ummmm, how do I say "get sick" through my enire pregnancy (every hour of every day, for 10 months.....no joke). But, hey, I lost 63 pounds. Great "diet" progesterone. Never felt worse, but never looked better than after I had my daughter! You sound like you are doing great! Congrats! I am super happy for you and Steve!

Warmly,
Leslie G.