Friday, October 9, 2009

9 months (and change)

This morning I went to get Olivia out of her crib and found her standing up.  I figured it may be a fluke, but later we were playing in the nursery and she pulled herself up to a standing position again.  Doom!  Next she'll be walking and after that she'll be learning to drive. 

Livi got her third tooth this week, this one on the top row.  She also decided she doesn't like lumps in her food, so I have found myself puréeing the 3rd Stage foods, something I am not happy to admit.  When we were Parenting Vicariously the first 8 years of our marriage, our theoretical children always ate what was put in front of them.  Now I can only comfort myself with the thought that I don't know any adults who still prefer their food puréed.  Eventually we all learn to chew food and pee in the potty.

Olivia picked up Cold #5 right before we went to the lake house, so we all got sick.  Olivia got better, Steve got better, but I am now on Day 14 of my cold.  I had to stop taking decongestants after a week so I kind of had a relapse, but now after a few days with my steroid nasal spray and having commandeered OJ's Vicks humidifier I think I am on the mend.

No comments: