Sunday, July 7, 2013

Myrtle Beach

I've been chastised gently reminded that I need to update my blog, and I thank you for your patience.  There have been some things going on behind the scenes that have hijacked my attention. Plus it's summer and my kids are home, so I'm trying to keep them busy and haven't gotten to the hundreds of pictures I have taken.  Anyway, at the risk of appearing like all we do is travel, last week we went to Myrtle Beach with friends we know from college, so I figure it's time for some pictures.  Olivia loved having other kids around to play with, and we thoroughly enjoyed getting to visit with Andy and Jess for an extended time.

I am really grateful that it is about the same distance for us to drive through the mountains instead of sitting in traffic and endless pine forests on 95.  Plus we got to stop and see our friend Reid in Lynchburg.

ice cream sandwich... lickable

And we stopped at one of the many potteries in Seagrove, NC (which is in the middle of the state and usually not on our way to anything) to get a second of my favorite mug.


During the first half of the week the east coast had a lot of rain, so we made the best of the beach and pool between storms.






On Monday Olivia was swinging between the sofas and slipped, hitting her chin on the tile floor.  What better way to spend a torrential rainstorm than getting stitches and a popsicle in the ER?

Waiting for the lidocaine to soak in (no syringe!)

The rest of the week was sunny and fun, thankfully.

Tiny golf

Bigger golf


Celebrating our nation's birthday




Special can't-get-at-home treats like hot Krispy Kreme donuts, Sun Drop soda, CookOut burgers & shakes, and the life-changing Homemade Vanilla Blue Bell ice cream.  It's so good it doesn't need embellishment.


Side trip to Calabash for awesome fried shrimp 


And just like that it was time to drive home.



1 comment:

Shelby Walker said...

Thanks for the update! Reid keeps me up a little, but I love your posts as well.
Shelby Walker