The full recipe is for 6 servings, but for so long it was just Steve and me so the math was easy. But now that we have 4 people wanting one I'll write out the ingredients for 2, 4, and 6 servings in case I get distracted while baking. (Ahem).
Molten Chocolate Cakes
4 oz (6 squares) bittersweet chocolate
10 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c flour
3 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
2.6 oz (4 squares) bittersweet chocolate (by weight)
7 Tbsp butter
1 c powdered sugar
1/3 c flour
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1.3 oz (2 squares) bittersweet chocolate (by weight)
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 c powdered sugar
3 Tbsp flour
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
- Grease the appropriate number of 6-oz ramekins and place on baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425F if you are baking immediately. (See tip below).
- Microwave chocolate and butter for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add powdered sugar and flour, mix well.
- Add whole eggs and additional yolks; stir with wire whisk until well blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared ramekins.
- Bake at 425F for 14-15 minutes or until cakes are firm around the edges but soft in the centers. Let stand 1 minute. Run small knife around the edge to loosen, then carefully invert onto dessert plate. Serve immediately.
Tip: Make these ahead, cover ramekins with plastic wrap and refrigerate, then bake as directed while you are finishing dinner.