Thursday, May 15, 2008

Morning Sickness? Mood Swings?

We're home again, and I never was so happy to come back from vacation.

Some days I feel normal, and some days I feel queasy all day long. Nothing actually comes up(thankfully), but there’s nothing like constant nausea to take the wind out of my sails. I finally confessed to my walking partner Reid that I’m not just lazy – I don’t feel good and it’s because I have a kidney bean (and its entourage) growing inside of me. How is it possible that this tiny person can already make me feel so weird and need to use the bathroom twice as often?

Today I went to the visitation part of the funeral for my friend’s father. The song accompanying the photo montage of his life was Go Rest High On That Mountain. It was all I could do to pay my respects and get home before I absolutely bawled. I couldn’t stop thinking about my dad; I’m so thankful that he lives nearby. If you know me at all, you know that I get choked up whenever something sad OR really cool happens. (I cannot read Chicken Soup For the Soul – I’d run out of tissues. Sometimes TV commercials even make me cry.) So, I’m tentatively saying that I haven’t been any more likely to cry now that I’m pregnant.

I do get irritated, though. Last week I had planned in my head that I’d make breakfast for Steve. While he was still in bed I started chopping potatoes to make home fries, and within 10 minutes he came down and started pouring a bowl of cereal.

Me: I’m making breakfast!

Him: But I’m hungry and I want more than just potatoes.

Me: There will be eggs and toast as well, but they don't take as long to make and I'm so sorry I didn't post a menu! Don’t you think I know how to make breakfast?! How dare you eat cereal, you ungrateful soul!

Okay, it wasn't quite that bad, but I'm not normally like that.

No comments: