Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tomatoes - They grow up so fast!

Our little one is now the size of a kumquat. Am I the only person in the world who thinks kids grow slowly (including the unborn part of their life)? Anyone who got a puppy as a practice-child can tell you how they grow so fast. The robins that occupied a nest on our front door took only a month from the laying of eggs to the first day of flight school. I can practically see our tomato plants grow. So, I now expect kids to do the same since everyone is always saying they grow up so fast.

This is looking like it will be the longest nine (ten) months of my life. Good thing we're not elephants, for multiple reasons. (The elephant's gestation period is 22 months, the longest of any land animal. At birth it is common for an elephant calf to weigh 265 lb.)

I can hear the comments now: "Oh, just you wait, Anne. Your child will grow up so fast it will make you wish you were an elephant."

No comments: