Wednesday, October 15, 2008

30 Weeks

So I'm 3/4 of the way through the pregnancy. My bi-weekly doctor's appointment resulted in normal blood pressure, gain of 4 pounds (all candy corn I'm sure), fetal heartbeat of 130, and an abdominal measurement of 32.5cm. I asked what happens if I continue measuring large and Mary the NP said they'd do another ultrasound to see if it's because of excess amniotic fluid, so that makes me feel better about the gargantuan baby scenario.

I also got my first ever flu shot (how's that for making me feel old). The tech did it very slowly and I barely felt it - that's how it should be. I've never heard anyone claim they love needles, in fact I think it's kind of cliche to say that you hate them. I'm kind of ambivalent about getting labs drawn or shots, and if you can keep me talking it's not a big deal. Spiders? Eh. Roller coasters? Bring it on. Gargantuan babies? That is what freaks me out.

No comments: