Tuesday, December 2, 2008

36 weeks + 4 days

My weekly appointment was good, and this time I had the presence of mind to ask for the results of my BP (normal), abdominal measurement (+1 week), and Doppler (120-130). Cervix is still closed, but that's what I expected. Honestly I don't think I'm ready to have a baby this week!

The last few weeks I've been seeing big-time movement along the top and sides of my belly, little feet or knees (or butt) I presume. Yesterday and today the movement seemed to be at the very base of my belly, making it painful to sit because I was getting punched in the bladder so much. And since I wasn't seeing much action up top I was starting to worry if the baby had turned head-up and is actually stomping me in the bladder. But, Dr. Lowder felt around and reassured me that the baby's head is still pointing down.

The nurse today recognized me, which is pretty amazing since we have been next-door neighbors for a year and a half and I have seen her maybe twice. She offered to switch with another nurse if it made me uncomfortable to have my neighbor as my nurse, and I reassured her that it was fine. What makes me mortified is thinking about the two bags of mulch yet to be spread from Spring '07 and a flat of zinnias I bought this year, all still sitting in the flower bed we share with Jim & Debbie. Ugh! How embarrassing! Must weed tomorrow.

No comments: