Monday, January 11, 2010

The George Washington

My birthday fell on a Friday this year and I wanted to do something fun.  So I invited my girlfriends to have interesting martinis with me at the Half Note, the jazz-themed lounge off the lobby of the recently restored George Washington Hotel.  We sat and talked and sipped our drinks and laughed and pulled in more chairs as more people arrived.  I had such a great time, and several have suggested that we do this more often.  I am all for that.  I love my friends!



And then?  On Saturday night Steve and I *checked into* the GW.  He had made arrangements for Mom & Dad to keep Olivia overnight so we could celebrate our birthdays without focusing on her. We started at the Half Note for a drink and to watch the end of the game (which I actually enjoy).  Next we had a relaxing dinner at The Dancing Goat, and then we changed to swim in the beautiful pool/hot tub modeled after an ancient Grecian bath.  We got to sleep in a little before an amazing breakfast back at The Dancing Goat.  Sorry to end on a sad note, but I am observing a moment of silence for my favorite steak that is no longer on their dinner menu. 


No comments: