Monday, March 29, 2010

Lemon Coolers II

When Easter rolls around I consider it the unofficial start of lemon season.  It was my turn to bring dessert to our Titus 2 dinner on Thursday night, so I made Lemon Cooler Cookies with a different recipe.  (Round 1 described here.)  This recipe was just cake mix, Cool Whip, and eggs and then I added my scant 1/4 cup of white chips and coconut.  This batter was much stickier than the recipe in Round 1, so I did take the extra time to roll the dough balls in powdered sugar, which was kind of annoying, actually.  I did a test one without powdered sugar, just dropped dough on the slightly greased pan, and it turned out just fine.  Per a reviewer's suggestion I baked these 8-9 minutes until golden brown on the bottom, then let them cool/set up on the pan.  Days later they're still a little ...um... soft, so next time I may try the additional 1/2 cup flour suggested by a commenter.

(photo from AllRecipes.com user pomplemousse)

No comments: