Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Just so you know

I don't LOVE to cook.  I do love to bake.  Cooking dinner is in my "chore" category.  I still like to try new things to make it more fun, but sometimes I get burned.  First I watch Food Network because watching someone do it makes it more interesting to me.  Case in point, Sunny's Chicken Fried Pork Chops.  Everything is better when deep fried, right?  And she shared her secret of adding cornstarch to the flour, so it made me want to try it.  They sure looked good when they came out of the skillet, but still tasted like pork chops, kinda chewy, kinda plain.  Just so you know, I don't always make fantastic food.  The Crash & Burn stuff just doesn't get blogged about.

Also, I'm borrowing a book from Elizabeth that preaches the evils of "industrial food" like corn oil, trans fat, and sugar, so it may have been a psychosomatic thing because I fried in oil because the grocery store doesn't carry lard.  The book is really interesting, but some of her concepts are so unconventional that I don't know what to think.  Maybe I'll share more once I've finished reading it and done a little more research.

No comments: