Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dishwasher Expectations

We rinse our dishes pretty well before putting them in the dishwasher.  And whatever little bits do get left on the dishes end up stuck to the inside of our glassware after the wash cycle.  Is this normal?  Is it too much to ask that our dishwasher do more than sanitize the dishes?

For the record, our dishwasher is probably original to the house, circa 1998.  Not super old, but the kitchen has all builder-basic appliances.  The above-the-stove microwave gave up the ghost earlier this year and I keep hoping the dishwasher will follow suit so we can get a new one.  Aside from having us pre- and post-rinse the dishes, it is loud and has rust stains on the interior (although to be fair, the rust doesn't transfer to the dishes).

Dear Santa, I would like a quiet dishwasher that leaves our dishes clean once we scrape off big stuff like chicken bones.  I do not want/need 8 different wash cycles or stainless steel (our cabinets are white).

1 comment:

Sarah J said...

I just love you Anne! You always make me laugh. I hope Santa brings you a dishwasher. :)