Monday, August 9, 2010

Catching Up

I love seeing school supplies in the store.  It's the most wonderful time of the year!  Except for the humidity.  We've been keeping busy around here, although I'm giving my sewing machine a rest.  Highlights of late...
Brunch at L'Auberge Provencale
It's a local French restaurant we don't normally afford, but they're on Restaurant.com so I got a gift certificate during one of the specials.  And then we forgot about it and finally used it the day before it expired.  The food was lovely and it was wonderful to have a relaxing afternoon with just the two of us.  Me and Steve that is, not me and my lemon drop martini.

Weekend at Deep Creek Lake
We stayed with friends, Lee and Joan, whom we know from our State College days.  They race their Flying Scot on the weekends, which was fun to watch from our kayaks.  We came to the lake with them maybe 8 years ago and were smitten with lake life.  Again, lovely to spend a relaxing weekend catching up with Steve while Olivia was back home in good hands (Thanks, Mom & Dad).  It was also nice to wear jeans and a sweatshirt when it cooled off at night (or we took the speedboat out), since July was so hot.

Working (feverishly) on my fall jewelry collection.
This time of year I'm usually making new stuff for fall, but this year I kicked it up a notch, hired a sitter so I could focus, and threw myself into creating new pieces with a cohesive look.  You can read more about it here

Oh and?  My problem-child molar... cavity, filling, pain, crown(s), more pain, and finally a root canal a week ago.  I am happy to say it is now pain-free and I can chew on the right side of my mouth for the first time in four months. 

No comments: