Friday, October 1, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Latte

It is no secret that I love Pumpkin Spice anything, so I was excited that my recipe-of-the-day email from Allrecipes.com was for a Pumpkin Spiced Latte.  It's one of those things I love but never thought to make, and now that pumpkin puree is back on the shelves I want to try it.  It is probably a good thing that there isn't a Starbucks super close to our house, and the PSLs from Dunkin Donuts (which is within walking distance) are not my favorite.  Now I can make my own.  Although the recipe above just uses double strength coffee, I would use our stovetop espresso maker.  Simple and quick, doesn't take much cabinet space, but it won't froth your milk.  I often see them at TJ Maxx if you're in the market for one.  Happy fall, y'all!

(The latte pictured was at the new Espresso Bar & Cafe on the north end of the walking mall.  After I dropped Olivia off on her first day of "school" I met my friend Debora to catch up, celebrate her birthday, and make earrings.  The weather was perfect and I was so happy to be able to just sit and have coffee like the old days, without chasing/entertaining a toddler.  Some days Mama just needs a break.)

No comments: