Friday, November 5, 2010

Date Night

When Steve and I started dating back in college I decided I really liked him and he was a keeper until I realized we had none of the same interests and I saw his music collection.  He was a card-carrying member of the Weezer fan club, and his other favorite bands included James, Travis, (I know - me neither), Oasis and Radiohead.  I was pretty sure it wasn't going to work out for us.

But over the years both of our music tastes have evolved and even merged.  I never would have guessed 12 years ago that Steve would find a concert in our area of bands we both liked and suggest we go.  And go we did.  Matt Maher, Addison Road, Tenth Avenue North.  We may have been the only people there in their 30s (mostly youth groups and associated chaperones) but we had a great time. 

And I got to go to Ikea (beforehand) all by myself!  My parents kept Olivia yesterday afternoon and overnight and the little squidge slept and ate like a champ.  Fun was had by all.

No comments: