Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pepperminty

Peppermint Bark from BeurreDeMonBiscuit
After Thanksgiving I tend to go on a peppermint kick.  Peppermint mochas, peppermint bark (esp. Ghirardelli), coffee creamer, candy canes in hot chocolate, peppermint tea*... 

I've experimented by mixing crushed starlight mints into double chocolate cookies and, more recently, brownies.  But it leaves the candy component inextricably stuck to the pan (metal or glass) so my next experiment is to try sprinkling the candy on top.  I watched Paula Deen make these cookies yesterday, which are baked cookies dipped in melted white chocolate and then crushed starlight mints.  Mmm...

In the meantime I am thoroughly enjoying these "Rippin' Good" peppermint Oreos (found at Martins/Giant but I hear Trader Joe's makes their own as well).


*When we were in Boulder in 2003 we toured the Celestial Seasonings plant where they have to keep the peppermint in a separate room so it doesn't permeate the other ingredients.  We stuck our heads in and the smell was enough to curl my nosehairs.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Those cookies look so good, I tried to find a peanut butter filled cookie and we don't have them here we do have oreos so I went to Amazon where I find most things and the Rippin good Candy cane Twist tops won't even get here by Christmas plus @ $21.99 I think I will make my own like you did. Must be lunch time and maybe after I eat I won't want them so much.

J. said...

I put peppermint ice cream in my coffee this morning. Huh? What baby weight?