Thursday, May 10, 2012

Raspberry Chipotle Pork Tenderloin

Our little town used to have a meal-prep kitchen place, and I loved having the covenience of someone else picking out cool things for us to eat.  Now we have Pinterest.  But sometimes instead of pinning new meals to try, I want to see my old favorites on my "What's for dinner?" board because I actually do use that in menu planning.  So tonight, for the sake of having a source to pin, I present to you my version of this lovely dish from Gourmet on the Go.

Raspberry Chipotle Pork Tenderloin

1. Mix your Spice Rub (that recipe is very close to what we used to mix together in the meal assembly)
2. Pat your pork tenderloin dry with a paper towel, then pat this spice mix on the outside.  If you have leftover spice rub you can pat it on a chicken breast or two. 
3. GOTG had you cover the rub with vegetable oil, but I skip this step and so far have eluded arrest.
4. Grill or roast (covered in foil).  My packaging suggested grilling over medium-high heat for 25 minutes, but it was threatening rain so I opted for the oven this time.  For my smallish pork tenderloin the package called for 40 minutes at 375, but check it with a meat thermometer a little sooner so you don't overcook it.  (Goal temp for pork is now 145
5. GOTG also had you mix your own raspberry chipotle glaze, but I use a bottled kind (Rothschild).  You don't have to use the whole bottle each time, so factor that in if you're in sticker shock. Apply this with a brush the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
6. Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.


No comments: