Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Date Night: Trattoria la Strega

Grattis på årsdagen!  That's a happy 14th anniversary to us.  Steve came home from work bearing these beautiful peonies from the florist around the corner.


Our babysitter came to watch the kids, and Steve and I walked up the hill a couple of blocks to check out TripAdvisor's highest rated restaurant in Gothenburg: Trattoria la Strega.  One of the reviewers called it a "germ of a restaurant," and I wasn't sure if that was because it's so small.

Menu in Italian & Swedish
Amuse bouche: Pâté with a gherkin
Prosciutto with fresh mozzarella
The owner, Andrea (like Andrea Bocelli), is from Italy and helped us choose wines to pair with our meal.  I had pappardelle with king crab and Steve had osso buco with saffron risotto.


For dessert we had tiramisu, but I forgot to take a picture so I guess we'll have to go back for more.  Everything was delicious and I loved the cozy-but-uncrowded atmosphere.  Eating amazing food, listening to conversations in different languages, and watching the trams going up and down the hill made me feel like I was in San Francisco.  I think the reviewer meant this was a gem of a restaurant (not a germ).

I didn't have the correct change to pay the sitter (they don't use checks in Sweden), so we decided to go home to change clothes and take a walk.  I'm so used to the kids' bedtime signaling the end of my day that I have to remind myself that the night is still young!  We enjoyed being out in the extended daylight and watching the long sunset, and generally just walking around the city together without worrying about watching the kids.




No comments: