Friday, June 27, 2014

Italian Market

Ask this guy for a sample of salami
There's an Italian Village Market at Jarntorget this week! Wednesday, June 25th-Saturday June 28th 10-5. Several booths of friendly Italians selling cured meats, cheeses, dried fruit, and a HUGE spread of sweets...  Sigh.  A little slice of heaven.


I wasn't familiar with "crema" in the context of balsamic vinegar before today, but they sucked me in with free samples and now I need to go back to the ATM.  I actually saw Crema at the grocery store this morning, but I didn't know what it was, so I didn't get any.  It's a glaze made with balsamic vinegar, and I'm pretty sure any of them would taste good on a variety of foods from fish to ice cream. I brought home Fig crema and also Spicy Garlic Rosemary, and if I were to pick another it's the basic crema made with white balsamic vinegar.


No comments: