Saturday, August 9, 2014

Gunnebo Slott

I have a long list of places around Gothenburg I want to explore.  One of those is Gunnebo, this little summer cottage of merchant John Hall, completed in 1796.



The main house has been remodeled with period furnishings.  I have seen this picture from Gunnebo several times on Pinterest, usually in the context of neoclassical or Gustavian furniture, and even pinned by Annie Sloan of chalk paint fame.  I'm looking forward to seeing the inside of the house sometime when we don't have the kids in tow, but this time we enjoyed romping around the property.








There is also a cafe on the property which serves organic food often made with produce from Gunnebo's kitchen garden, and I'm also looking forward to seeing the newly-rebuilt Orangery when it is completed.

No comments: