Aussie BitesYield: 24
1¾ cup rolled oats
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup dried apricots
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup ground flaxseed
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup shredded coconut
¼ cup quinoa
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ cup honey
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup canola oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 24-count mini-muffin pan.
- In a small bowl combine chia seeds and 1/4 cup water while chanting "Cha-cha-cha-chia" with your 4-year-old. Set seeds aside. Chia seeds will absorb water to make a gel-like exterior with super powers.
- Pour 1 cup of rolled oats into a food processor. Process for about 1 minute until oats are pulverized.
- Add in the remaining ¾ cup rolled oats, sugar, dried apricots, raisins, flax seed, sunflower seeds, coconut, quinoa, chia seeds (minus any excess water), and baking soda. Pulse until apricots and raisins are in small bits.
- Pour in honey, melted butter, canola oil, and vanilla extract. Pulse just until combined.
- Divide batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool in pan on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and let cool completely on the wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days.