Sunday, April 13, 2008

We're pregnant!

Once we finally decided that we wanted kids, getting pregnant proved to be a little harder than we expected. I am not on time for anything, and neither is my cycle. Out of frustration I ordered a whole bunch of ovulation test strips and a few pregnancy tests... I was in it for the long haul. After opening the package I took a pregnancy test just to make sure, and then I had the following conversation with Steve:

Him (downstairs): Hey hon? Helooooo? (I come out of the bathroom upstairs.) Oh, hi. I don’t think I’m going to mow the grass today because I haven’t charged the mower battery since the fall.

Me: That's fine.

Him: Do you think I should just wait an hour and see if it’s charged enough?

Me: Whatever, I’m a little distracted right now. I just took a pregnancy test and I don't really care if you mow or not.

Him: What?! Can I see?

Me: We have to give it a couple more minutes, but yeah. I think it might be positive because after a few seconds there was a faint second line, so if you could help me wait two more minutes that would be great.

Him: A second line?! What does that mean?! If I designed pregnancy tests, they would say “pregnant” or “not pregnant.”

5 comments:

The Ousdahls said...

Dear Anne and Steve,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Anne, glad you are feeling well. We will check back from time to time to stay "in the loop."

It is good to know that you both are Happy and healthy.

Much Happiness,

The Ousdahls

Anonymous said...

That's great...sounds exactly like Stephen!

Leslie Gidden said...

Anne,
WOW! Congrats!!! I mean it! I grew up knowing I NEVER wanted children, while my older sister FLOCKED to them (as they did her). Now, my husband and I have a 3 year old daughter......the love I have for her is......well, there are NO words! Much joy to you and Steve! Many blessings!

Warmly,
Leslie G.

Kerry said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you will be a wonderful mom. Kids are wonderful, scary, sometimes trying, and wonderful. I'm so happy for you guys!

And any time you need a babysitter, I'm right down the street. :)

kateypie35 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! I always read your blog..and usually skip the linkies. GLAD I didnt skip this one!!!!!
You made me a push present ring (pictured on your site) for my son....I cant wait to return the favor!
Such wonderful news!
Kate