Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Catching up

Well, my poison ivy is getting better, so I figured it's time to update the blog. What's new? Let's see...

I was told by a lady in the nursery that Olivia needs more Vitamin D for her scaly legs, so Steve inflated the pool I got at a yard sale (thanks, Liz - pink works for us) so we could stay cool on a hot day.


This seems to be the summer of weddings. I think it's been several years since we had one to attend. This year two have already passed, four to go, and I am very excited for all of them! Here are John and Lauren (who just got engaged) at our house on Memorial Day. (Like how I sneaked in a picture of Olivia ready for bed?)

That's right, we've weaned her off swaddling and for a while she would only sleep in the bear suit. Now she'll sleep in a sack, but only in her crib. She'll doze in the car and occasionally at a store or restaurant when it's boring, but we'd love it if she'd fall asleep at Grandma & Grandpa's house. I've tried putting her down for naps in the pack & play here, but we end up wasting a naptime and so the crib addiction continues.

I haven't done anything with my sewing machine lately, but my mom made a couple cute little rompers for Olivia (pants are covering her legs so she doesn't scratch).

This is what I call a complicated big-girl pattern with multiple pieces. That fabric is vintage; we have a picture circa 1978 of my mom wearing a dress she made from the same bolt.

Olivia has been doing better at restaurants. Here she is devouring the menu with Johnny at Roma.


We've added peaches and bananas to her repertoire, the last of the stage 1 jar foods. The soft bib solved part of our chair-feeding problems, but now she's started making a grunting sound after about the third bite, so maybe that means she doesn't like it? I manage to feed her a bowl once a day, but it is not something I look forward to. We started using the stage 2 bottle nipples (thanks again, Liz) and that makes bottle feeding quick & easy. She's still napping about 3x a day for 1-3 hours at a time, and about 10 hours at night. (!) I will never again take for granted the ability to sleep through the night. It makes such a difference!

Olivia has discovered her toes...


...and sticks her tongue out a lot.


Last weekend we tried out the Kelty backpack (CraigsList find) for the first time at Bear's Den. She was fine on the way out, but screamed the whole way back. I think she was just tired.

No comments: