Thursday, September 4, 2014

Just a walk in the park

Now that the kids are back in school I have enjoyed walking for exercise.  Sure, you can walk with your kids, but you're only as fast as your slowest kid, and you miss a lot of things when you walk fast.


There's a walking group on Tuesdays, and it's great to meet other expats.  One of the routes they take is up through the Botanical Gardens.  It was a gorgeous day and we were chatting away, but I struggled with the urge to stop and take pictures.

Probably the real reason for the walking group is because we have fika afterward!

So I walked on my own another day and stopped for a few pix.  My app probably thinks I was slacking off, and I suppose I was, but it leaves room for improvement!  And sometimes we need to stop and shoot the dahlias.



It's starting to look and feel like fall

Rainbow Row

Argyle (pineapple?) door

Another route the walkers take is through Slottskogen park.  It's like Central Park in that there are lots of different areas and feels like the wilderness in the middle of the city.  I wasn't on this walk because I had a schedule conflict, so I missed seeing the new little moose baby!

(Photo by Angela Dauerer)

I walked Slottskogen on my own and didn't see the moose, but I did enjoy seeing the zoo part of the park for the first time, and of course I had to stop and take pictures.  On our family outings we had never ventured up this way in Slottskogen, so this was a pleasant surprise.  I mean, I heard there was a petting zoo, but I was thinking it was all goats and chickens.  Now I need to go back with Steve and the kids.

Harbor seal doing laps

Humboldt penguins singing a song
I also walked through Slottskogskolonien, the garden stuga colony on the edge of the park.  When we were there in May the apple trees were blooming, and now all those trees are full of fruit.


No comments: